Thursday, September 01, 2005

Justice

Well court wasn't as successful as I hoped it would be today. Apparently today was just the first hearing and as I didn't want to continue driving to Hot Sulpher Springs on a monthly basis, I just plead out. "Improper Mountain Driving" was my plead down ticket. At least it is only three points off my license. My one victory is that I got a laugh and a chuckle out of the judge. And to be honest that was almost worth the $70. Of course her honor was rather flippant about the whole traffic court thing anyway.

The really sad thing was waiting for court to start. It seems in Grand County divorce court happens before traffic court. Talking about eavesdropping on some of the most depressing conversations/moments ever witnessed by me. Across from me was a soon to be former couple who was doing what appeared to me a do-it-yourself divorce, the wife was crying her eyes out begging to make it work and the husband was just there stoic as much as he could be. As far as I could tell he was the one that initiated the divorce. I tried not to listen as I was listening but I couldn't help it. The other former couple could only communicate through lawyers. And from what I could hear the wife at poured beer all over his elk mount and shattered his golf clubs. All he wanted was his grandmothers octagonal table with the marble top. Of course he could have been a total ass to her for all I know.

All I can say it seems another nail has been hammered into the coffin of marriage for me. Which is sad because I wouldn't mind if I found the right one.

No comments: