Friday, September 09, 2005

They were right (and FEMA is not good)

As I've said before, conspiracy theories are a bit of an indulgence of mine so when I see what appears to be parts of these theories coming reality I feel a little odd. For years I've been hearing how FEMA is the mechanism in which a totalitarian regime (or one world government) would use to subdue the masses in this country. Much of this centered on Relocation (Prison) Camps. For various theorist these camps were to be used for numerous kinds of dissenters and the like, most of them being on the right side of the American political spectrum (surprisingly when I googled for FEMA +camps +liberals I seemed to stumbled across a lot of 404 Errors, hmmmm).

It seems that those that were shouting about the dangers of FEMA weren't so far off the mark. Whether it's keeping firemen from doing the job they were trained for (and not speaking to the press!), utter incompetence (we all knew by this point!) by the head of FEMA or that no one can come into or leave the camps makes that much more scary and disturbing. Not only that, it's happening three hours away from me.

It disturbs me when these so-called theories bust through the fabric of implausiblity and into reality. Although in the last five years or so I've become less and less surprise and more terrified. The thing that saddens me is that it's not external forces that terrify me, it's my own government.

No comments: