Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cows...and cows?

Sorry kids, I know I've been rather boring lately. Yup, it seems like I've been mailing it in. And I have. One great part of being me is that wonderful Protestant guilt I get when I've been a total ass.

So I walked into work today and what do I get? "Hi, hippie!" Now all of you and god knows I am quite far from a hippie. Maybe when I was sporting the long hair that could be an appropriate greeting but I keep that stuff short now (it's too much of a pain to stay long, among other things). Of course it came from Mrs. "She who will not be named" so why should I care. But still. Hippie?! What the fuck is that?

I know politically I come down on the left side of a lot of things (other than the 2nd Amendment stuff, oh yeah and the 1st). But this woman has never heard me announce any sort of political position, other than possibly my displeasure with the current White House administration (and I am far from the only one). But I truly doubt that makes me a hippie.

In fact there is one truly conservative value I think I've developed at least on the local level (although it is purely out of spite). I want to see this valley get so built over that all of the charm is lost. Because that is the moment it becomes
affordable for everyone else. The day that all you can see is suburbia here in this valley is not a moment too soon. Strip malls with riverside property? Sweet! Your view is blocked? Build something bigger, please. And by all means built lot's of new retail space that local businesses can no longer afford, because dammit I'm itching for some franchises and chain stores!

Anyway, what do I care? I'm out of here soon enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you may be considered a hippie to someone who doesn't have a clue about anything else - just as you may also appear to be an astronaut, Godzilla, John Wayne or any other crazy thing that this woman's crazy brain tells her to be your absolute, unquestionable identity.

I personally think you're much more of a beatnik if those are still around. Maybe the punk rockers are the new beatniks?

GCU of paradox said...

Jesse James built a cow milking maching on Monster Garage last night.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out the title of this post too.

Anonymous said...

So, due to the several spelling and diction errors on this blog; I can only conclude you were TIPSY when you wrote it... ooff, I have a headache...

JackassJimmy said...

Sorry for being in absentia as of late, things are starting to get hairy at work. Not like "hippy" hairy but ahh, you know what I mean.

Anyway dude, you are not a hippy. If anything this lady at work has no idea what your ideologies are and therefore just assumes you are a hippy or it helps her to sleep at night, thinking you are not going to be the one to lead the resistance.

So keep up the good work my friend, and stop huggin' trees and eating all that granoler' as they say in MN.

Cheers,
JJ