Sunday, October 16, 2005

Money

Apparently I am the perfect guy other than the fact that I'm poor. Or at least that is what I was told tonight. According to the young lady, in every other way other than cash flow I have everything going on. Damn, does that make me fine or what?!? I don't even know what to think.

You know, all these years I've been told it doesn't matter how much money you have. The truth is I'm beginning to question the logic of that. I think it does matter. And I am totally screwed if that is the case because I have no money and the prospect of me earning much more than I already is slim to none. Well unless I hit the lottery but we all know what the odds on that are for that.

It kind of makes me sad to think that the one thing that keeps me from being desirable is the lack of assets. I'm not sure if I'm completely ready to believe it. I suspect my quiet-in-public has more do with it than too many other things. I've tried to get over my shyness but it is a tough thing to do.

I think I'm not going to even bother worrying about something that is at this point beyond my control. Such as the size of my wallet.

Clarification: The young lady who told me this is a friend not a potential other. Just so you know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have told her she would be the perfect woman if she wasn't a gold digger.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first post, and I also believe that it may be helpful for you to balance your own desires and expectations of a lady, and reconcile with yourself the level of tolerance you will have for her shortcomings.

As we move further into adulthood, I think we can expect to encounter many more wealth-conscious folks with designs for their own material concerns.

Real love has no price tag... but then again, is there such a thing as real love?

Dames... I think usually more hassle than they're worth.

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy; I'm no gold digger; I could give a crap less about money; hence my continuous state of poverty.. I was, (and so was surly boy) pretty tipsy.. we were ranting on about relationships and lack thereof; for both of us by the way. I was only making the observation that many singles in our age range feel that money and security on the top of their most desirables list.. which sucks, making MY financial state less desirable as well.. so uh there!!

GCU of paradox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GCU of paradox said...

Wow, a heated discussion. My $0.02:

I thnk the argument Doctor C provides regarding moving further into adulthood provides one explination. But I think the reality is, that as we move further into adulthood we realize how much money (or lack thereof) dictates the quality of our lives and lifestyles. In the long run, if your talking about looking for a partner, I'm not sure that it is materialistic or gold digging to look for someone with financial stability. And I'm not talking about being rich, but having some sort of financial future (or at least a plan). Like it or not, money makes the world go 'round. In our society, it's how we attain food, fuel, shelter, etc...If you are looking to find someone to have a family with (that may not be the case for you, but I think this goes on sub-conciously anyway), this becomes expinentially more important. That's just one way to look at it. The young lady that the Monkey was talking with (anonymous # 2) sounds like she has a pretty good grip on what's going on.

sorry for the [sic]