Sunday, October 09, 2005

Irritated with the masses

Most of the time I like people but there are some days that I am just annoyed by them. The sad things is, mostly they are just doing what they are doing and that it is what annoys me. For instance, I'm almost more annoyed when people come into wherever it is I work when it is a slow day as opposed to a busy day. That and the people who try hang out long after closing. I really can't explain that it (well the campers makes sense). Maybe it's just that on certain days I'm a little more irritable than others. I imagine that is only human. And I am human (as far as I know).

Maybe it's the not having two whole days to rest and what not in the last couple of weeks that is contributing to this irritability I'm feeling. I don't like being this way, I don't like cursing people under my breath and cursing the phone everytime it rings (the one at work that is, my own phone rarely rings). Perhaps I should lay off the sauce but then how would I fall asleep?

If I were to get just enough distance from myself, I might think I was dropping into another bout again. But this time I'm not buying it. This time I think I'm just tired and don't really want to be around a lot of people for a few days. Or at least a lot of people in a formal/work setting. And I don't want to answer any questions unless I want too.

1 comment:

JackassJimmy said...

Dude I feel you. I deal with the same issues of people and self hating all year long.

This time is especially tough cause there is such a lack of light to be happy about. Plus didn't you get snow like in the 1st week of August or something?

Cheers,
JJ