Monday, October 03, 2005

Somewhere south


Somewhere south
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
As much as I moan about my situation living here the one thing I can't let myself forget is how beautiful it really is. Growing up a flatlander an having only seen the mountains of Pennsylvania before moving here, I'm still awestruck by the scenery around here. Especially if I'm able to get out of town and go somewhere new.

Even after eleven years of living out here, I'm still blown away by the rugged beauty of the mountains. And I still get this sense of insignificance when looking at these ancient formations (and to think the Rockies are young by geological age).

I know I've allowed myself to be blinded of the beauty here lately. I'll just have to remember to keep my eyes open more often.

No comments: