Thursday, October 27, 2005

Time passes

It's starting to hit me that soon I'll be another year older. In four days or so depending on how you look at it. When I was a kid I looked far more forward to my birthday but I'm sure we all did. Having it on a holiday (Halloween if you must know) almost adds a lot of pressure to the day. In addition to having a birthday, I have to come up with a costume. And I hate that as I'm not very good at coming up with costumes. Usually I figure out a very lame costume at the very last minute, as some of you can attest to having known me in meatspace.

Having Halloween as a birthday can be an additional burden. People sort of expect a dark side. Which I have but try to keep under wraps as best I can. I know my efforts aren't that successful but whatever. In fact, to a degree I relish in my darkside. I can find the humor in death and destruction (maybe that's where the zombie thing comes from). Not in the suffering so much but more in the structures of man, the structures that people thought would stand the test of time. Nothing can stand against the sand of time and remain fully intact. Oh geez, what does this mean for the digital universe?

Whatever, I'm going to bed. Drunk. And laughing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No! No! There IS good in you, I can sense it! Let go of the dark side and then you can live forever like Yoda.

GCU of paradox said...

Meatspace! I'm going to start using that one, if you don't mind.

JackassJimmy said...

Your costume dilema is solved! Just dress as you normally would and tell everyone who asks, you are "hungry"

Cheers,
JJ