Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Today is the day (who's album was that?)*

If you don't live here, you probably don't know that we had our first snow today. Which means that soon there will be snow covering the ground. I'm not sure if this really counts as the first snow as there is none on the ground right now. Usually we consider being able to leave a footprint on the courthouse lawn as the first snow (or at least those are the rules for the first snow pool). But there is definitly snow on the hills. Hopefully there is still some there when I get up in the morning so I can take some pictures of it. I managed to get a really good one last fall with snow, changing leaves and an overhanging cloud.

The first time I see snow here I always get a bit excited, seeing it reminds me of why I came here and why I am still here. I did come here to snowboard after all, everything else is just extra. Soon the daydreaming will start as well as the longing for some new gear (I will take donations), like how I could really use a new snowboard but there just isn't the money for it.

After writing this, I'll probably dream about snowboarding through the trees or something tonight. Woo Hoo!

*Oh yeah, I think it was a Youth of Today album. Anyone know? Trickstar?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't think it was YOT. "today is the day" is a metal band though.