Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Two Sundays, no Saturdays

While I was standing outside smoking a cigarette, I saw a black Mercedes Benz drive by. Being as I live in a trailer park, I can't even imagine why a car like that was driving by at 2:30 am. Well, it is Steamboat but still. Hmmm...

I hate having a single day off. It's like you get two Sundays a week and no Saturdays. I should have gone out but a Wednesday night this time of year is just as exciting as staying home. Not to mention that it is cheaper to stay home. We did watch the Amityville Horror remake tonight. It's passable but much different than the original. The story is pretty much the same but the way it is told is completely different.

This whole remake and TV series movies that Hollywood has been putting out in the last few years is starting to get kind of annoying. I'm not sure if it's due to lack of orginallity on the part of the writers or lack of courge on the part of studio heads. But I suspect it has to more to do with studio heads than writers. Audiences appear to flock to those kinds of movies and not the more edgy ones. All though I imagine more people remember the edgier ones. I can't remember a single scene from Charlies Angels but Office Space is a whole different story. Of course who am I to say anything, I love almost all of the Marvel Comics movies (except for Daredevil, that movie blew and the Hulk was a close second).

Oh yeah, the cow in the previous post was a reference to "Mrs. She-who-will-not-be-named". Just to clear that up. Well that and cows are kind of funny.

No comments: