Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Gray

This week has been the epitome of mud season. Gray and rainy with a small amount of snow. The snowstorm that made the news didn't hit us but that is usually the case this time of year. Actually up here we don't get the same storm systems that other parts of the state get (it is a big state after all, size wise it's in the top ten). Right now that's fine with me as my mind is so far from winter even though it is quickly approaching. The colors are almost completely gone except for this patch of orange aspens on the hill behind work. I guess the fall colors lasted a decent amount of time, three weeks or so. There have been past falls where the leaves changed and fell within a week and a half.

At one point in time this used to be a slower time of the year. This was the time when people would get the heck out and it Steamboat would take on the appearance of a ghost town. No longer is this the case. Not that I really care although I wish the free bus would run like it does in the winter because it is just a bit wet and cold to be riding bikes at night. Of course, I could just suck it up, it's more the wet that bothers me anyway when riding my bike. Staying home saves money anyway.

It doesn't matter anyway because soon the snow will be flying and I'll have to be into winter now matter what. But the buses will be running late and falling down in the snow is alot softer than the ground.

No comments: