Friday, October 28, 2005

Games

It may not be a good thing but I've reformed my PS2 calluses since we regained power in the house. I've been playing Gran Turismo 3 since I got the system last Christmas and just tonight I completed 50% of the game. It's a really deep game and quite addicting. I don't think it's improved my driving though. Just like playing the Tony Hawk games haven't improved my skating.

There is only one kind of game that has possibly improved any physical skill for me and that is the shooting games. And I mean the arcade versions where you hold the gun in your hand (such as Area 51). At times, I seem to be a good shot with rifles. Or at least as long as it's a stationary target. Unfortunately, I only got to go shooting once this whole warm season so I'm really rusty. And I still suck at skeet, golf ball or otherwise. I think I just need more practice. I'm hesitant to attribute what little target skill I have to a video game. I'd like to think that I just have good hand-eye coordination. But experience has taught me otherwise. Maybe it's that redneck blood coursing through my veins.

No comments: